Monday, March 5, 2012

Weekend Photos

Welcome back from the weekend folks!  I hope you had a better-than-usual Monday. 

Mondays are usually pretty good for me, I have a great job that I'm very thankful for (I get to work with all my immediate family, as I have been for the last 7 years...and we all still like each other!) and today was sunny.  I'm talking bright, blaring sun, which was very welcome after the unexpected snow we had yesterday. 

So, yes, photos. 

I painted my nails with another new Essie polish, "Orange, It's Obvious" - another new favorite.



I also used a new-to-me topcoat, Seche Vite.  It's a wee bit pricey, but worth every.single.penny.



I got on the treadmill, ran 2.5 miles (for the first time a while), and walked another couple of miles.  While I walked, I finished another square for my blanket.



On Sunday, I made granola.  I want to blog the recipe, but I got it from a friend, and want to get her permission first.  It's a very good recipie, I can assure you, since it was approved by my Dad.  And it's no small thing for my Dad to tell me that granola actually tasted good :)



On Sunday, while i was making granola, it was snowing.  This was very unexpected, since we have had barely any snow all winter, and it had already snowed on Friday.  The good thing about snow this late in the season, though, is that it does melt quickly.



So there were a few things from my weekend.  I didn't get all the things I hoped to do done, but that's ok.  I think I'll keep enjoying low-key, low-pressure weekends for as long as I can - I probably won't have that luxury forever!

No comments: