Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge


I decided to join in with Joyce at This Side of the Pond in her Wednesday Hodgepodge.

1. Did March come in like a lion or was it something less ferocious in your neck of the woods?

The weather on March 1 was pretty nice.  Nice enough that we were surprised when we had a snowstorm the next day, and more snow two days later.




2. Speaking of lions, which one's your film favorite...The Cowardly Lion (Wizard of Oz), Mufasa (The Lion King), Elsa (Born Free) or Alex (Madagascar). You might notice I left Aslan off the list. Including him would have made this question way too easy for many of you.

I saw half of The Wizard of Oz, and turned it off.  I know it's a "classic", but I couldn't watch anymore - it has to be one of the corniest movies I've ever seen (sorry to those of you who love it!).  I saw The Lion King when I was about 5, and haven't seen it again since.  And I haven't seen Born Free or Madagascar.

Does this count as my favorite movie lion?

"Rise & rise again, until lambs become lions."

3. What's your favorite spot from which to view the sunrise or sunset?

Sunrise: The beach
Sunset: The beach

Just put me on the beach and I'll be completely happy.

4. To what extent is knowledge power and to what extent is truth power? What's the difference?

Whoa, deep here :) 

Knowledge is power in that to make informed, wise decisions you need to know about options, effects of your actions, etc.  Actually, they both work together, since you need knowledge of the truth in order to make good decisions and have wisdom.

Something that combines them both: "You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." - John 8:32

5. What's something peculiar you've seen recently?

Hmm, nothing is coming to mind right now.  Other than the middle-aged woman booking it down the sidewalk in her wheel chair smoking a cigarette.

6. Bottled water...your thoughts?

I like it, especially in contrast to the well water at my work which is full of sulphur.  Completely safe to drink and if it's cold, is actually drinkable.  And if you've never smelled warm, sulphur-rich well water...be grateful.

7. What's your strongest sense?

Fear.  Oh, you meant the five senses?  Not sure, definately not hearing.  I'm always asking people to repeat themselves.

8. Insert your own random thought here.



The original Get Smart series is the best.  Incredibly stupid and hilarious at times.  Still the best.

1 comment:

Megan said...

We had PERFECT weather the first few days in March and now it's been raining for the past two days. BOO!!