Thursday, May 24, 2012

Contentment

"Now godliness with contentment is great gain.  For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.  And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content." ~ 1 Timothy 6:6-8



Shopping is one of my favorite hobbies.  It's a lot of fun to do online or in a store.  Plus, it's always fun to have something new to wear.

Cutting back on my shopping was one of my goals for the year, one that I did well on at first, but I've slipped back into buying too many things again.  So, this Sunday, while thinking and praying about this, I decided to not do any more clothing shopping until our upcoming vacation in early July.  So far, I've been able to completely stay away from my favorite shopping sites, and it's been surprisingly easy and freeing.  I'm so thankful for this and hope it doesn't stop.  I think this is one way I know that God was prompting me to do this, too, and that reassurance is always nice to have.


So, for now, I'll be enjoying my recent and not-so-recent purchases, and re-discovering new things in my closet :)

3 comments:

Megan said...

I love going through my closet and finding new "old" items. Definitely have been feeling convicted lately on my materialistic desires. Love that verse! So true. We can't take money and objects with us!

Laura Darling said...

I need to cut back on shopping!! New purchases are always so fun though!

Katie Cook said...

Hey Lisa! Thank you so much for your sweet sweet comment! I can't wait to get to know you more. I'm sorry it has taken me a while to get back to you...my husband and I are currently in Ireland without internet access! Hope you have a GREAT day girl...love Katie