Saturday, February 18, 2012

Way Into 2012

I had intended to write this post shortly after the New Year.  But, better late than never.

At the beginning of the year I did make a list of things that, Lordwilling, I'll accomplish this year.  I'm teased quite a bit in my family, especially by my Dad, for setting lofty goals and acting like I've accomplished them, and, of course, not following through.  It feels like I'm accomplished in my mind, though :)

Anyways, I decided to make the goals a little simpler this year.

1.  Exercise regularly and run more 5k's, the Dam to Downtown, a Duathlon and Half Marathon.  Ok, so this one isn't so simple.  My sisters and I have been running the past couple years and have really enjoyed running 5k's.  I ran three last year at the beginning of summer, before exercising got pushed to the wayside.  So this year, I'm hoping to change that.  I've started running regularly, and signed up for a local race, the Dam to Downtown (10k) at the end of April, and the Rock n' Roll Half Marathon in Chicago at the end of July.


2.  Knit, sew and craft more.  Because of school I hardly did any of this last year.  I'm not in school this year (so glad!) and I've already been doing a lot more knitting.  Now I just have to get onto the sewing part.  I have a skirt that I'm about 3/4 through but have stalled because I'm kinda scared of sewing in the zipper.

3. Don't just pin on Pinterest, do a project a week.  I actually have been doing some nail ideas I got from there, and last week I made this cake.


Mine had one less layer, but it came out so well!  This is the only photo I got of it, after 99% of it was devoured:


4. Shop less.  This has actually been going quite well, thankfully.

5. Blog more :)

Well, I've got a lot for my easily distracted self to do today, including some Pinterest baking :)  Hope you all have a wonderful Saturday!

1 comment:

Megan said...

I wish that I could sew! And I definitely need to make some of the things that I pin, instead of just pinning more. Haha!

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog!