Monday, April 16, 2012

H is for Hogan's Heroes


Hogan's Heroes is my favorite TV Show.  It was originally aired in the 1960's.


The show centers around a group of Allied POW's in a German Prisoner-of-War camp during World War II.  It is a comedy, and the humor is just as funny today as it was when the show was first produced.


The chemistry between all the cast members is amazing, and no matter how many times I've watched the episodes, they are still funny every time.

Just to clarify, this show is not about concentration camps, but about POW camps.  The actors that portrayed the main German officers were all Jewish, and the actor that played the French POW was a concentration camp survivor.  They all agreed to be in this show as long as Hogan always gets the best of Colonel Klink, the camp commandant.  Hogan does, in every episode.

If you're looking for a new (old) show to watch, give this one a try - you won't be disappointed!  There are a lot of full episodes on YouTube.

4 comments:

Megan said...

I've never watched this, but my husband likes it!

Sharkbytes said...

This is one of our all-time favorite TV shows! I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge Blogs this month. My alphabet is at myqualityday.blogspot.com

Sylvia Ney said...

Oh my! I haven't seen that show in so long. Funny memories.

New follower here. I’m enjoying reading my fellow “A to Z”ers. I look forward to visiting again.

Sylvia
http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

Julie said...

Oh yeah! I remeber that show, I should go watch it again, I haven't seen that since I was little, I'm sure I didn't get most of the humor back then! Thanks for posting about it!